Date & Time: 26 November 2018 | 15:00-17:00 Location: Kigusa Primary School, Musenyi Sector, Bugesera District Background During the Africa Green Growth Forum, participants will have the chance to support greening schools activities at Kigusa Primary School (Musenyi Sector, Bugesera District). This activity will also take place at Mbyo and Gatore Primary Schools in Bugesera District. The Green Schools series of events will support efforts to instill a culture of environmental protection from the ground up. The events will include greening school playgrounds through tree planting and installing rainwater tanks. Speakers at the event will share experiences and lessons in greening schools. The Green Schools events aims to get school communities thinking about solutions to environmental and sustainability challenges, and to make schools healthier. Rwanda’s broader Green Schools programme run by the Ministry of Education empowers kids to make a difference, and teach environmental and health values that will stay with them for life: “Plant A Tree – Grow With It”. Green schools not only offer a favourable and conducive environment for learning and teaching, but can also be an effective tool to create environmental champions.
Programme15:00 – Tree Planting and Water Tank Installation 16:00 – Official Proceedings
- Welcome by the Mayor of Bugesera District
- Introduction of Guests and Event by Director General, Rwanda Environment Management Authority
- Remarks by the Minister of Environment, Rwanda
- Address by the Director General, Global Green Growth Institute
- Creative Performance by School Students
- Closing Remarks by the Guest of Honour, Minister of Education, Rwanda